Our acquisition by Alteryx means we’re actively now looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
About the opportunity: (remote friendly for Australia)
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to entrust with the interesting technical challenges involved in building and scaling AI-powered SaaS software. You’ll be working in a cross-functional team (engineers, designers and data scientists) and on a product that is disrupting the big data and analytics market. You’ll be a huge advocate for software development best practices, and help us to get the most out of our stack as we continue to design and deliver new features and functionality for our software.
A day in your life will include:
- Being responsible for the development of high-performance features (learning and using tech including Kotlin, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Azure)
- Working in a cross-functional team to solve technical challenges
- Being involved in software and service architecture discussions
- Designing and adopting strong engineering practices
What you’ll need:
- 4+ years experience in core backend technologies such as Kotlin /Python /Java /Scala, etc.
- Experience with messaging and/or streaming frameworks such as RabbitMQ/Kafka
- Experience with relational database products such as PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Experience with automated CI/CD platforms such as CircleCI, Gitlab, etc.
- Experience working with Product, Design, DevOps and others in a cross-functional way
- Solid understanding of how to build testable, decoupled, maintainable code with best engineering practices, such as test automation and continuous integration & delivery practices
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience with using Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with data engineering or data analytics
You’re passionate about building great software and are looking for the next step in your career. You know when to obsess over details and when it’s time to ship. You’re someone who is positive, adaptable and wants to have an impact on the product you work on, with a product mindset and a focus on delivering value to customers.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Please click HERE to apply, and you will be taken to the Alteryx Careers page.