About the opportunity:
This is a non-senior role, and we're looking for a software engineer with an interest in automation, cloud technologies and continuous delivery to help us improve our SaaS Platform and deployment processes. The focus for this role is on building out our microservices platform (observability, metrics, service templates, container orchestration and other DevOps buzzwords!) and keeping our production environments humming along as we grow and scale. We encourage close collaboration and continuous learning, so there will be opportunities to follow your interests and contribute to our product development and data platform as well.
We deploy Hyper Anna to multiple cloud environments and client provided infrastructure. We don’t require you to already know all our tools and stack, but we’d love for you to be familiar with the underlying concepts of at least some of our technologies.
We are always learning and experimenting. Our current stack is described below, but in this role you will have the opportunity to influence how this stack evolves:
- Python/Node/Java Virtual Machine based microservices
- New Relic for monitoring
- ElasticSearch, Fluentd and Kibana for centralized logging
- Zipkin for distributed tracing
- Terraform for managing infrastructure
- Ansible for managing deployments
- CircleCI for Continuous Integration and build pipelines
- Amazon Web Services and Azure for cloud hosting and ‘Infrastructure as a Service’
- “SlackOps” for self-service management of test environments
- You're familiar with at least one general purpose programming language - ideally Java, Python, C# or similar
- You have a solid understanding of good software engineering practices and fundamentals, such as working knowledge of basic data structures, algorithm complexity and how to write clean, well-structured code
- You are familiar with the concepts and technical practices that underpin ‘Continuous Delivery and DevOps’. You have some knowledge and direct experience with tooling in this area. Experience with some of the tools we use for our stack would be great but we don’t expect you will have worked with all of them
- You have demonstrated experience administering Linux systems or at least basic knowledge of the command line and are willing to learn more as part of this role
- You either have demonstrated experience securing software and infrastructure, or an understanding of some basic concepts and a willingness to learn
2020 will be a huge year for us and you have the opportunity to join us at the beginning of our hyper growth phase! This means you’ll have access to real career opportunities as we grow, receive a competitive salary and pre-IPO equity, and work in our beautiful, centrally located office.
We're building software for the data revolution, come and join us.