Our acquisition by Alteryx means we’re actively now looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
About The Opportunity: (remote friendly for Australia)
The Alteryx design team is growing in Australia, and we're looking for Product Designers to join our team and work on the Hyper Anna platform. As we're still a small team, we're constantly picking up new challenges. When it comes to design, we’re looking to work with experienced people who can pick a problem and solve it.
We care deeply about design. For us, it’s both how it works and how it looks. Speed, interactions, and small details matter. We are designing it to be highly functional, yet simple and delightful. Design is also not just about aesthetics, but how a solution can leverage the current technology in use to its maximum potential and avoid pitfalls in the future.
You will be responsible for a variety of areas and specialties that will require you to heavily interact with product, engineering, accessibility and users to better understand product requirements and the optimal solution for Hyper Anna and Alteryx
As design professionals, we have a variety of tools that we use. You should be familiar with tools and processes similar to:
- Figma, Confluence
- Design Thinking, Agile and/or Lean UX
- User Flows, research interview techniques, and an understanding of iterative design
As a company growing at scale, we operate a global design system that each product utilizes in a variety of ways. You will be responsible for understanding, evangelizing, and contributing to it when working through each initiative.
What You'll Need:
- Experience leading design through product discovery and delivery phases
- Experience navigating and leveraging the pros and cons of complex systems
- Excellent interaction skills
- 3 - 5 years of experience designing interactive applications
- Experience working with Product, Engineering and others in a cross-functional way
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the overall product and design direction of the whole Hyper Anna platform
- Use and evolve our internal design system
- Help with hiring and establishing a design culture within the team
- Leading major initiatives, alongside our PMs and engineering team
- Advocating for design thinking locally and Alteryx globally
- Designing and adopting strong design practices
What You Value:
- Interest in storytelling and simplifying complex concepts
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Discussing ideas through visuals and prototyping
- A bias to experimentation, curiosity and creativity
- Product mindset and a focus on delivering value to customers
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Please click HERE to apply, and you will be taken to the Alteryx Careers page.